Members News – May 15, 2020
- Congratulations to the newly appointed Deputy Chiefs of Peel Regional Police: Randall Patrick, Nick Milinovich, and Anthony Odoardi. Congratulations to all the senior officers promoted in all our police services during this difficult time. Please ensure you contact our office if you need assistance updating your OACP membership.
- Congratulations to Deputy Chief Darren Sweazey of the Woodstock Police Service who retired this week.
- Congratulations to winners of the Ontario Women in Law Enforcement’s (OWLE) Annual Awards. You can access the list of winners here.
- The Ontario Special Constable Association (OSCA) have organised a virtual run aimed at bringing people from across Canada together to unite "virtually" to help raise funds for the individuals, families, and communities impacted by the April 2020 Nova Scotia shootings. The Virtual Run for Nova Scotia will be taking place on June 28, 2020. To learn more, to register and/or to donate, please visit: https://specialconstables.ca/run
- The OACP Substance Advisory Committee is urging Police Services across Ontario to complete the Medical Cannabis Survey on behalf of our colleagues at the Canadian Association of Chief of Police (CACP). This survey is part of a review to understand the enforcement of cannabis, past and present, in relation to the Health Canada-led medical cannabis regimes. The CACP continues to hear of issues regarding the diversion of medical cannabis into the illegal retail markets. In order to address this, they require the analytics to show the scope of the issue. The CACP’s Drug Advisory Committee is respectfully requesting that police services please take the time to complete the Survey on Medical Cannabis Criminal Investigations by June 30, 2020.