Members News- June 29, 2018
- We are delighted to have our new Executive Director, Jeff McGuire, on board! Please contact Jeff McGuire at (416) 926-0424 Ext. 25 or JeffMcGuire@oacp.ca.
- Congratulations to Chief Scott Gilbert who was sworn-in as the 13th Chief of Police of the Peterbourgh Police Service this week.
- This week Hugh Stevenson became the 23rd Police Chief of the Sault Ste. Marie Police Service. Congratulations Chief Stevenson!
- Congratulations to Halton Regional Police Services' newest Deputy Chief Roger Wilkie. Deputy Chief Wilkie was sworn into his new role on Thursday, June 28
- The West Nipissing Police Services Board has appointed Inspector Ray St. Pierre as the interim Chief of Police.
- The City of Kawartha Lakes Police Services Board, Chief John Hagarty, and Chief Designate Mark Mitchell invite police leaders to their Change of Command Ceremony on Thursday, August 30, 2018 at 11:00 a.m. at Victoria Park Armouries, 210 Kent Street West, Lindsay, ON K9V 2Y9. Please RSVP by Wednesday, August 15th, 2018 to Leah Rea, email@example.com.
- The OACP office will be closed on Monday, July 2. Our team will be back in the office on Tuesday, July 3, 2018. We wish you all a save & happy Canada Day.
- The Summer issue of HQ Magazine will be available to members in early July. Stay tuned!
- OACP Director of Government Relations and Communications, Joe Couto has completed a study on LGBTQ female cops. The report is available here. Also see his op-ed piece in the Toronto Star.
- The Privacy Commissioner of Canada has launched new materials on the topics of online privacy for Social Media Day, which takes place on June 30, 2018. They have created Social Smarts: Privacy, the Internet and You, a graphic novel about privacy issues related to social networking, mobile devices, texting, and online gambling, and an educational downloadable poster for youth in grades 6-8, "5 Tips to Protect Your Privacy Online".
- A reminder to OACP members who attended the 2018 Annual Meeting, that if you haven’t already done so, we kindly ask that you provide your feedback via the survey sent via email. The survey closes on Wednesday, July 4, 2018.
- Job Posting: Director, Campus Security and Emergency Services, Queen’s University
- Job Posting: Police Constable, Hanover Police Service