Members News - July 13, 2018
- Thank you to Assistant Commissioner Jennifer Strachan for her hard work and support as a member of the OACP Board of Directors! A/Comm. Strachan has advised that as of August 27, 2018, she will be heading to RCMP National Headquarters in Ottawa to take over the Specialized Police Support (SPS) and National Police Services mandates. She will be missed by her colleagues on the Board but leaves a fantastic legacy as a friend and mentor to so many Ontario police leaders! Until her successor is appointed, Chief Superintendent Mike LeSage will be the acting Commanding Officer of RCMP “O” Division.
- Congratulations to Sergeant Lee-Ann Beaudry on her appointment as Deputy Chief of Police of the Akwesasne Mohawk Police Service (AMPS). A great police leader!
- The Ontario Police Arbitration Commission (OPAC) has engaged in discussions with the OACP regarding a request that our association join in a tripartite agreement (along with the Police Association of Ontario and the Ontario Association of Police Services Board) to support their efforts to “consensually” meet with PSBs, Chiefs of Police, and Presidents of police associations to discuss ways to mitigate “labour relations strife” in policing.
- Registration is now open for the Arrive Alive Conference 2018 (formerly known as Countermeasures) from October 28-29, 2018 at the Hilton Mississauga/Meadowvale. This year’s conference theme “Legalization: Our New Reality”, will continue the conversation from the joint conference with the South West Injury Prevention Network in 2017 (On the Road to Cannabis Legalization: A Joint Effort). This conference is anticipated to be the first road safety conference post-cannabis legalization and will be the perfect opportunity to hear from experts as they share knowledge & insights into current legislation, drug-impaired driving research, enforcement, cannabis sales, and best practice education initiatives to bring back to your communities. The 2017 conference was sold out, so make sure you register early to reserve your spot! To register please click here. Early bird rate of $100 will be available until August 31st, 2018 (Regular rate of $130). After August 31st, 2018, register 3 or more delegates from one group and get a discounted rate of $100 per delegate.
- Job Posting: Chief of Police – Town of Woodstock, New Brunswick