Member News-October 5, 2018
- We are proud that Staff Superintendnet Mario Di Tommaso (Toronto PS) has been appointed the new Deputy Minister of Community Safety and Correctional Services. We look forward to S/Supt. Di Tommaso continuing to make significant contributions to public safety in Ontario and working closely with him in his new role. He succeeds former OACP President Matt Torigian, who has taken a position at the University of Toronto’s Munk School of Global Affairs.
- Congratulations to Chief Terry McCaffrey, the new Chief of Police of the Wikwemikong Tribal Police Service, who was sworn in this week through a ceremony based in traditional Anishinaabe values, teachings, and customs.
- A retirement celebration will take place on Thursday, December 6, 2018 for Chief William Sornberger of the Owen Sound Police Service. The event will take place at Cobble Beach Golf Club, 221 McLeese Drive, in Kemble, Ontario, starting at 6:00 p.m. For tickets, please contact K.J. Krampien at 519-376-1234 ext 249 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Registrations for the 2018 Sexual Assault Investigator’s Association of Ontario (SAIAO) Conference in partnership with the OSOR and ViCLAS is now open. For more information, please email email@example.com.
- There are just 3 weeks left to register for the Arrive Alive Conference 2018 on October 28-29, 2018 at the Hilton Mississauga/Meadowvale. Register today to reserve your spot if you have not done so already!
- Job Posting: Communications Officer, Cobourg Police Service
- Job Posting: Chief of Police, Guelph Police Service
- Loyalist College and the Ontario Association of Police Educators are partnering with the Chatham-Kent PS to host a one-day conference for public and private sector organizations, agencies, and unions on:
Creating Equitable Outcomes for Communities we Service: An Introduction, and Everyone Wants a Respectful Workplace: How You Can Leverage Laws and Policies to Achieve It
The conference is taking place on Wednesday, November 7, 2018 at the Chatham-Kent John D. Bradley Convention Centre, 565 Richmond Street, Chatham, ON from 8:30 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. The target audience is management, supervisors, and personnel working in human resources, diversity and inclusivity, education; risk management, and development of policies and procedures in the workplace.